Dump Cake Sticky Notes
Ethel's Pineapple Dump Cake
"In my lighthearted romance Sticky Notes, Ethel King, the matchmaking grandmother, discovers this easy and delicious recipe." - Sherri Schoenborn Murray
Ethel's Dump Cake
This cake is a keeper - just like Professor Benton. Unlike Ethel, remember to read through the directions first.Makes one 9 x 13 pan
- 1 (20-ounces) can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- 1 (21-ounces) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (2-layer size) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), chilled
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2. Grease or spray with a non-stick cooking spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- 3. Spread the pineapple with its syrup evenly in the baking pan.
- 4. Spoon the cherry pie filling evenly over the top.
- 5. Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the cherries.
- 6. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over all.
- 7. Thinly slice the butter, and put butter pats on top of the mixture.
- 8. Bake for one hour and 10 minutes (70 minutes total) or until golden brown.
- 9. Check after an hour, as oven temperatures vary.
- 10. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 11. Cake variations: Make with pineapple-strawberry, pineapple-apple, pineapple-blueberry, apple-cherry . . .
Serve with Cool Whip. So easy - Great for a potluck.