Always a hit!
"In my lighthearted romance Sticky Notes, Ethel King, the matchmaking grandmother, makes this easy recipe. And, they even turned out for Ethel. Enjoy!" - Sherri Schoenborn Murray
Ethel King's Cheater Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe is a keeper. Enjoy!Makes one 9 x 13 pan
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup rainsins, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and cream. Divide evenly between two greased 9-inch baking pans. Sprinkle with pecans and set aside.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll each loaf of bread dough into a 12-inch by 8-inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter.
- 3. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over butter. Top with raisins, if desired. Roll up from the long side. Pinch seams to seal.
- 4. Cut each roll into 12 slices and place cut side down in prepared pans.
- 5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6. Remove from fridge. Keep covered, and let rise until doubled, about 2 hours.
- 7. Cover loosely with foil. Bake in a preheated 375’ oven for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Makes 2 dozen.